Friday, April 29, 2011

There's No Love Like Our Love

HAHAHA...if you thought this was a sappy love post about me and someone else, yeahhh ok.

The love I'm referring to is my love for music, and my secret love for dance (which I regret not taking up in my lifetime).



The above song, gets me so pumped :) It's Don Omar's remake of the Lambada song, his being called "Taboo".  If you watch the original Lambada video, the dancing, while basic rhythmic dancing, is just so seductive. Speaking of seductive, that's exactly what Don Omar is.

To the point of this blog, we are in a wave of the new dance and music craze.  Covering a song is becoming the norm with shows like Glee producing chart-topping renditions of old and new favorites, not to mention American Idol, in which contestants perform songs as well, and those also become iTunes chart toppers.

And the dancing! With shows like So You Think You Can Dance, Dancing with the Stars and America's Best Dance Crew, who wouldn't want to get up and take a class or two?  I mean DWTS is in its 12th season, SYTYCD is in I believe its 8th and ABDC is in its 6th.  Not to mention today's music videos producing "dance crazes" like 2 stepping, the dougie, the cat daddy (which because of ICONic Boys is my favorite), jerking, etc.  To those who could do it all, I'm so jealous, but I have to say, it just makes me love it more.  But my favorite has to be the DWTS routine of Duet of a Lifetime.  By far the cutest, sweetest thing I've seen. 

If you get bored and love music and dance as I do, and you haven't checked out all I've talked about...google it :) and ENJOY


No comments:

Post a Comment