Friday, April 8, 2011

Friendly Faces, Strange Places



I can't forget this dream, and it happened what may be now a couple of months.  I met this guy, and it seemed to me that I was back on campus, but they had built a museum on my campus, and that was the building I was in.  I'm not sure if I had enrolled in grad school or what, but apparently I had chosen to dorm, and my roommate introduced me to this guy. 

He was a combination of my type, but not my type.  I normally go for guys with lighter hair and eyes, but he had dark hair and eyes.  His face glowed in the brightly lit building, and we were chasing one another around these golden roman columns.  At one point, I completely lost him and came across his best friend, who I believed was named Nick.  Unfortunately for me, I never got his name, but to his friend I said, where's my boyfriend? You would know, since he's your best friend.

I think I was more captivated by his personality, and how he just seemed to belong to the world we were in.  He was smart, he was fun, and he held my interest, and it's quite possible I loved him, as it seemed that we just had a deep and emotional connection. Yet the more I think of him or try to remember, the less I can see what he looks like, and the less I know who he really is.  I know I have never met him before, and he's a stranger to me in my waking life, but he will always be a friendly face, in a strange and unfamiliar place.

No comments:

Post a Comment