Saturday, October 27, 2012

Headstrong Side of the Quarter

I'm so creative...

I've reached it, a quarter of my life is now pretty much complete. And while I haven't accomplished everything I set out to, the things I've endured, the obstacles I've overcome, have all led me to where I am today. To flashback to every major incident in my life would take forever and a day to get through it all, and I don't have that kind of time anymore ;)

For my birthday this year, I finally made a plan to accomplish one of the things I've always dreamed of doing for myself. While I originally wanted a party, I find that with parties, you never have the same friends from the time you make the invitations to the time of the actual party. So why waste the money and effort on something that will never be a solidified and definite plan? So that day I'm going into the city to enjoy the things that I love the most, museums, history, and the beautiful site of the fashion forward, financial center of our wonderful state. However, that's not what I set a plan for. I am going to finally do a photoshoot. I am going to have someone take a bunch of pictures at a location of my of my choosing to celebrate ME :)

25 years. It's insane to think about all that's happened, from moving as a kid to a strange new town, to graduating top 20 in my class, to working full time by the age of 19, to holding supervisory positions and climbing my way through insanely structured corporate/retailers, to finishing college with my 4 year degree, and that was all by the age of 22. Odd to think that it was barely just the beginning, and all of that was still the easier things to deal with.

After that the next three years became filled with anxiety, grief, loss, heartbreak, finding myself, losing myself, loss again, financial struggle, emotional issues, pre-depression, and my favorite, a series of uncontrollable health issues that all heavily changed my life.

I'm exhausted quite honestly. This year in itself has been one that I often thought to myself, "How on earth did I maintain my sanity?" I owe much of my strength to God, much of it to my late grandmother, and much of it to the way my parents raised me. I am a fighter, a trooper, a winner, a powerhouse, a leader, an intelligent, determined and oh so awesome woman.

Today, I stand two weeks away from my 25th birthday, and when my parents asked me what I wanted, I couldn't tell them, because I feel like I really have almost everything I wanted that they could give me and at this point, the thing I want the most, they really have no control over. And that's basically love and success. Health, I've got it, technology, I've got it, clothes, a roof, and entertainment, I've got it.

This year, I celebrate me, because I honestly believe I deserve it, and I'm going to show it! I'm ready to GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment