Monday, April 15, 2013

Words Unspoken

Ok people this one is done by special request...haven't done poetry in a long ass time, so please excuse me if it's not that great. But if this one gets enough feedback, maybe over time, I could get back into it...

Words Unspoken: Story of Goodbye

The story of a heart that's broken
Told with words that were left unspoken
I sit here looking through my windowpane
As outside it starts to rain
I think of these beautiful April Showers
Of a love that could have grown like a flower
But instead I sit here, about to cry
Wondering why instead, I had to say goodbye
I would have given you the best part of me
The part of me that would have been only yours to see
Something that's sacred, something I treasure
Something that when given, no words could measure
We could have shared many starry nights,
Of course what's any relationship without any fights
But I would have been determined to see this through
I would have been ready to give my heart to you
Through a twist of fate, our paths began to part
Like a fork in the road, not knowing where to start
You took one way and in an instant you were gone
The path I chose to follow, it seems it was the one that's wrong
For you see, I'm having trouble finding where you are
I wonder where you could have gone, and if I'm really far
As I try to get close to you, I just can't seem to catch a break
Maybe this is my fault, and what I hoped to be real, just was a bit fake
I could have been a tad bit hasty, seeing something worth so much more
You could say that I'm a bit of a romanticist, some find that to be a bore
I promise you though, if you had taken just one leap of faith
That everything I give to you would have been worth the wait
But again, I sit here, about to cry
Wondering why instead, I had to say goodbye.

Hm...and this isn't even my situation...but tell me what you guys all think!

No comments:

Post a Comment